Pre-enrollment form available online through January 2018.
Completed admission files due January 31, 2018 – Open Enrollment Ends
Enrollment lottery February 15, 2018
Notification of acceptance or notice of waitlist February 23, 2018
Parent acceptance letter due to school office March 9, 2018
Students accepted off waitlist March 19, 2018
First day of school TBD
* Similar timelines will be reflected in subsequent years, with exact dates posted on our website.
Monarch Classical School of the Arts is an open enrollment school. Enrollment is available to all students without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ancestry, disability, socio-economic status or other protected category. MCSA does not screen on academic ability for admission.
If the number of applications received by January 31, 2018 exceeds the number of seats available (60 students per grade – K through 6), a random public lottery will be used to determine who will be able to attend Monarch Classical School of the Arts.
We will advertise the public lottery via email of all applicants, our website, and social media. The lottery will be publicly advertised and take place at the school site or another public space (if the site is not accessible due to renovations) on February 15, 2018 (the first week in March in subsequent years).
The following students will be granted priority enrollment:
· Siblings of currently enrolled students or of students who receive a seat through the lottery.
Siblings are defined as children whose primary guardian(s) is also the primary guardian(s) of other children already enrolled in MCSA. Guardian in this instance is defined as one who has custody of the children at least 50% of the time. Children may include half-siblings, stepsiblings, adopted siblings, cousins, nieces or nephews who are being cared for as primary dependents.
If a child is drawn for an enrollment seat at MCSA, their siblings will be automatically granted enrollment, if there is space available in their grade level. In future years, siblings of currently enrolled students will not have to participate in the lottery and will be automatically granted a seat if there is space at their grade level.
· Children of Founding Families.
Children of founding families will also not have to participate in the lottery. The Board of Directors will approve a list of eligible families at January 2018 board meeting.
· Children of MCSA employees.
Children of MCSA employees who work at least half-time will be exempt from the lottery. An employee is a person who has a signed employee agreement or contract with MCSA.
· Disadvantaged students within target area.
Once 60 students have been selected by lottery for a particular grade, the remaining eligible students at that grade will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which their names are drawn during the lottery. As seats open up, students will be selected from the waitlists in the following order:
1. Sibling waitlist. Siblings of enrolled students who were not given a seat due to lack of space at their grade level will be selected from the waitlist first.
2. Enrollment waitlist. Students who were waitlisted in the lottery will be selected from the waitlist in the order in which they were drawn. Waitlists will be maintained and will apply for the duration of one school year. New families who want to enroll in the school the following year, must apply and enter a lottery for the following year.
Notification of Receipt of Application Families will be notified by email of the receipt of their application within two business days of submitting the completed application.
After the lottery and within 48 hours, families will be notified of selection and will be asked to enroll. If the child did not receive a seat, the family will be notified as to their position on the waitlist.